Proof Of Residence

In order to enroll your child in the Morehouse Parish School System, you must provide at least two of the following documents to establish residence:

  1. Filed homestead exemption;
  2. Home mortgage documents or property deed;
  3. Rental/Lease Aggreement for house or apartment;
  4. Utility bill (only one may be submitted);
  5. Automobile registration;
  6. Food stamp certification;
  7. Medicare or medicaid insormation;
  8. Insurance policy for house or apartment;
  9. Certified copy of filed Petition for Custody in another party if pending and final decree when granted
  10. Any other official document which would indicate your residence - driver's license or a voter registration card will not be accepted unless issued not more than 2 months before the beginning of the school year.

Under the guidelines established by the Federal Court Order and the monitoring by the United States Department of Justice, the Morehouse Parish School Board has no alternative except to take these steps.